Production and Operations Management PDF Book Free Download - MBA Books Production and Operations Management PDF Book Free Download. Production and Op
Production and Operations Management PDF Book Free Download – MBA Books
Production and Operations Management PDF Book Free Download. Production and Operations Management (POM) is one of the important subject and also an important book for MBA Students. Here at AskVenkat we are providing MBA Links for Free. These Links are gathered from Internet sources. Askvenkat doesn’t have any rights about these links. This POM Book will useful to most of the students who were prepared for Competitive Exams like MBAEntrance Exams. This PDF book will cover most of the syllabus of Production and Operations Management Book.
Contents of Production and Operations Management
Below are the contents which you would see in Contents of Human Resource Management Textbook especially made for MBA Students.
INTRODUCTION: Overview of Production and Operations Management (POM) – Functions-Role of POM-Process Planning and Process Design- Production Planning and Control: Basic functions of Production Planning and Control- Production Cycle- Characteristics of Process Technologies- Product Life Cycle Vs Process Life Cycle.
FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT: Plant layout-Types of layout-Optimization of Product – Process layout- Location and factors influencing location- Maintenance Management-
Objectives- Failure Concept- Reliability-Preventive and break down maintenance- Replacement policies.
SCHEDULING: Scheduling in Job-Shop type production – Shop loading – Assignment and Sequencing – Scheduling in Mass – Continuous and Project type production – Line balancing – LOB.
AGGREGATE PLANNING: Preparation of aggregate demand forecast- Specification of
Organizational policies for smooth capacity utilization- Determination of optimal production strategy.
WORK STUDY: Methods study-Work measurement- Work design- Job design-Work sampling- Industrial engineering techniques- Productivity- Basic concepts- Productivity cycle-Productivity engineering and management- Total productivity model.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT: Economics of quality Assurance-Inspection and control-Acceptance sampling-Theory of Control Charts- Control charts for variables and attributes- TQM-ISO 9000 series standards- Six Sigma.
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT: Need and importance of materials management- Material
requirement planning- Materials budgeting – Sources of supply of materials- Vendor rating- Determinants of vendor rating- Concept of Waste Management.
STORES MANAGEMENT: Objectives of stores management- Management of stores- Safety stock-inventory control- Types of inventory Costs – Systems of inventory control-EOQ-ABC- VED-FSND analyses-Value analysis-Importance in cost reduction.
Important TextBooks For Production and Operation Management
- Buffa, Modern Production Operation Management,
- William J Stevenson: “Operations Management”, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2009.
- Panner Selvem, Production and Operation Management, Prentice Hall of India.
References Books For Production and Operations Management
- James R.Evans and David A. Collier, Operations Management, Cengage LearningIndia Private Limited, New Delhi, 2009
- Nair NG, Production and Operations Management, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2009.
- Chase, Aquilano, Jacobs: Operations Management for Competitive Advantage, Tata McGraw Hill
- Elwood S.Buffa and RakeshK.Sarin, Modern Production/Operations Management,
- Aswathappa K, Shridhara Bhat K., Production and Operation Management, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai.
- James R.Evans and David A.Collier, Operations Management, Cengage, 2009
- Panneeselvam: Production and Operations Management, PHI Learning Private Limited.
- SN Chary, Production and Operations Management Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2008.
- Mahadevan, Operations Management, Pearson Education, New Delhi.
- Upendra Kachru, Production and Operations Management-Text and Cases, Excel Books, New Delhi.
- Adam E Bert, Production of Operations Management, Prentice Hall.
- Chunnawala and Patel, Production and Operations Management,